Lots of children seemed to have grown over the holidays. This week we got a lovely surprise, as our old looking wooden blocks arrived back, looking very new.
Thanks to the City of Playford Men’s Shed for spending hours sanding them back & staining them with oil. The children had a challenge to work out how the old blocks looked new. They experimented with lemons, soap and finally sandpaper.
On Saturday 24th August 2013, the Zion Preschool Fundraising Committee organized a fantastic evening aimed at focusing on the Health & Well being of others.
Whilst attendance numbers were low, the presenters were inspirational and the free trials were amazing. The evening began with a 10 minute meditation presented by Riverdell Spiritual Centre. It was just what everyone needed.
We then heard short presentations from the following people, who also offered the free trials:-
- Riverdell Spiritual Centre – Holistic approach to life
- Thermomix – the easy solution to making ‘fresh’ everything
- Mitise Health & Fitness – looking after ourselves & our bodies
- FM Remedial Massage – maintaining our bodies
- Tania Louise Skin Care – beautiful, natural products
- Enjo – cleaning products that are not harmful
- Your Inspiration at Home – delicious spices, oils, vinegars – YUM
- Herbal Apothecary Healthshop – a variety of herbal teas
- Karinya Health – Bicom Bioresonance Therapy
A BIG thank you to She’s Apple’s Gawler for their kind donation of fruit & vegetables to make the most amazing smoothies in the Thermomix.
The flame has been extinguished!
What a fantastic day we had at our Olympic Games on Thursday at St Brigid’s School. Their gym was a fantastic venue. Thanks St Brigid’s.
A big thank you to Franca for organizing the day.
A big thank you to all the children & their families for making the day fun.
Everyone did their best!
Grandparents are special people. They give lots of love, have fun times and share family history and traditions. Grandparents bridge the gap between young and old by sharing a wide variety of skills and knowledge with their grandchildren.
Some lovely picture books about Grandparents to share with your child are:-
- ‘Grandmother’, ‘Grandfather’ by Jeannie Baker,
- ‘Bamboozled’ by David Legge,
- ‘Memory Bottles’ by Beth Shoshan
- ‘Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge’ by Mem Fox.